Tuesday 18 November 2008

How it all started….












Well…the seed was sown over 2 years ago when I had my 3rd baby Archie. I converted to cloth nappies when he was about 10 weeks old. I just couldn’t bear the sight of the mountain of disposables going into the bin every week. Plus they smell awful..

Our local council (Lancashire County Council) run a voucher scheme and this is what I used to get my first nappies.

A lovely lady came to our house and showed me the different types of nappies , so i purchased my first nappies from her. 10 tots bots bamboozles and Motherease wraps. I couldn’t wait to get started and the pre washes to get them up to full absorbancy seemed to take an age.

I loved them and the thrill of helping the environment spurred me on to look at different types of fitted nappies.

At 5 months old archie went to nursery and I was most impressed when his nursery agreed to continue our good work and use cloth nappies on him.
I succesfully used these nappies for 2 years on Archie. They are looking a little tired and worn out now, but when I think of the money I have saved it really spurs me on.

When I became pregnant with my 4th baby I decided to look into using a different kind of cloth nappy..Pockets. Pockets are nappies that you stuff with absorbant materials such as hemp, microfibre and cotton bamboo. These nappies go on like a disposable and you take the stuffing out to wash them. Even Grannies and Grandads can use these…easy.

I always wanted to start my own business and I have such a passion for the gorgeousness of cloth nappies it seemed like an ideal opportunity to pass on my knowledge and hopefully encourage new mums into the world of cloth.

Why would you want to put paper on your babies bum when you can put gorgeous soft cloth there?


Bibs N Bots www.bibsnbots.co.uk making reusable nappies childs play!


No comments: